Immune boosting energy balls
These delicious energy balls are not only satiating, they are also very healthy as they contain dates and nuts. I've also added some colostrum for its mind blowing health benefits and raw cacao powder to add that extra kick to the taste.
Whenever you feel rundown after a long exercise or day at work; or simply can't resist the urge for a sweet treat, indulge yourself with one or two of these energy balls. Ah..Don't forget to share some with your friends!
- 1 cup pitted dates, preferably majdoul.
- 1/3 cup hot water
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 4 tablespoons colostrum
- 1/2 cup ground pistachio, coconut, cacao powder or any other type of nuts.
- Soak dates in hot water for half an hour.
- Put soaked dates, almond flour, cacao powder and colostrum in a high-speed blender and blend for one minute.
- Shape the mixture into small balls then roll over the ground pistachio.
For more variations: Add cardamom or cinnamon to the soaking water. Add a handful of cranberry to the mixture before shaping it into balls.